I am very excited to announce that I have joined Edward Ferrell-Lewis Mittman as their CEO and President. After 16 years at the helm of Bergamo Fabrics and then Donghia, I am returning to the true furniture industry where I started my career many years ago as a trainee at Baker.
Why EF-LM? Here are some of the reasons why I joined this company, and why designers should include this company in their design projects.
- EF-LM is a family-owned business where American craftsmen and women manufacture some of the highest quality furniture (upholstery and case goods) in theUSA.
- EF-LM has a reputation for customer service that is usually beyond excellent and often first-time clients become regular clients. This company has great people!
- EF-LM is vertically integrated – it has its own upholstery factories unlike many other companies – so it can often be less expensive without sacrificing quality.
- EF-LM can ship upholstery in as little as two weeks, and often in three weeks, not ten to twelve like so many others.
- EF-LM has outstanding custom capabilities that are well beyond what you can usually expect from a manufacturer.
- EF-LM has niches – like motion chairs that look exactly like regular chairs (for the luxury man cave!), or a large assortment of beautiful headboard designs that can be created quickly and customized easily.
I did not know most of this until interior designers with whom I spoke told me. EF-LM is the secret source of a lot of designers acrossAmerica. Now, it is my new home, and hopefully it can be your secret source as well.